For purposes of this rule, "judicial branch entity" includes a trial court, a Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court, and the Judicial Council.
(Subd (a) amended effective January 1, 2016.)
This rule is not applicable to:
(1) Part-time commissioners, with respect to services as a commissioner;
(2) Part-time court interpreters who are not subject to the cross-assignment system under Government Code section 71810, with respect to interpreter services provided to a court; and
(3) Court reporters, with respect to reporter services provided to a court.
(Subd (b) amended effective January 1, 2007.)
(c) Intrabranch limitations.
An employee of a judicial branch entity must not:
(1) Engage in any employment, enterprise, or other activity from which he or she receives compensation or in which he or she has a financial interest and that is sponsored or funded by any judicial branch entity through or by a contract for goods or services for which compensation is paid, unless the activity is required as a condition of his or her regular judicial branch employment; or
(2) Contract with any judicial branch entity, on his or her own behalf, to provide goods or services for which compensation is paid.
(Subd (c) amended effective January 1, 2007.)
(d) Multiple employment.
This rule does not prohibit any person from being employed by more than one judicial branch entity.
Rule 10.103 amended effective January 1, 2016; adopted as rule 6.103 effective January 1, 2004; previously amended and renumbered as rule 10.103 effective January 1, 2007.