(a) Area of focus.
The committee makes recommendations to the council for improving the administration of justice in all cases involving marriage, family, or children.
(Subd (a) amended effective January 1, 2007.)
The committee must include at least one member from each of the following categories:
(1) Appellate court justice;
(2) Trial court judicial officer;
(3) Judicial administrator;
(4) Child custody mediator;
(5) Lawyer whose primary practice area is family law;
(6) Lawyer from a public or private defender's office whose primary practice area is juvenile law;
(7) Chief probation officer;
(8) Child welfare director;
(9) Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) director;
(10) County counsel assigned to juvenile dependency cases;
(11) Domestic violence prevention advocate;
(12) District attorney assigned to juvenile delinquency cases;
(13) Lawyer from the California Department of Child Support Services or a local child support agency;
(14) Public-interest children's rights lawyer; and
(15) Mental health professional with experience with family and children's issues.
(Subd (b) amended effective February 1, 2018; previously amended effective July 1, 2005, and January 1, 2007.)
Rule 10.43 amended effective February 1, 2018; adopted as rule 6.43 effective January 1, 1999; previously amended and renumbered as rule 10.43 effective January 1, 2007; previously amended effective July 1, 2005.