Each judge must:
(1) Hear all assigned matters unless:
(A) He or she is disqualified; or
(B) He or she has stated in writing the reasons for refusing to hear a cause assigned for trial, and the presiding judge, supervising judge, or master calendar judge has concurred;
(2) Immediately notify the master calendar judge or the presiding judge on the completion or continuation of a trial or any other matter assigned for hearing;
(3) Request approval of the presiding judge for any intended absence of one-half day or more, within a reasonable time before the intended absence;
(4) Follow the court's personnel plan in dealing with employees; and
(5) Follow directives of the presiding judge in matters of court management and administration, as authorized by the rules of court and the local rules and internal policies of the court.
Rule 10.608 amended and renumbered effective January 1, 2007; adopted as rule 6.608 effective January 1, 2001; previously amended effective January 1, 2006.