(a) Adoption of budget procedures by Judicial Council staff.
Judicial Council staff must adopt superior court budget procedures to be included in the Trial Court Financial Policies and Procedures Manual, the annual Baseline Budget Development Package, and the annual Budget Change Request Package. These procedures include the following:
(1) Procedures permitting the superior courts to comment on the proposed budget procedures;
(2) Procedures for budget development, submission, and appeal;
(3) Procedures for budget implementation, including expenditure and revenue reporting;
(4) Reasonable time frames to comply with requirements or changes in the budget procedures;
(5) Procedures to ensure the reporting to the Judicial Council of relevant information on the implementation of programs funded;
(6) Procedures for providing timely management information to the Judicial Council on the baseline budget, revenues, and expenditures.
(7) An annual budget development and implementation calendar;
(8) Procedures for a superior court to follow if it projects that its budget will be exhausted before the end of the fiscal year, preventing the court from meeting its financial obligations or continuing operations; and
(9) Procedures governing the transfer of funds between individual programs and operations of expenditure.
(Subd (a) amended effective January 1, 2016; previously amended effective January 1, 2002, and January 1, 2007.)
(b) Technical assistance.
Judicial Council staff, on request, provide technical assistance and ongoing training in budget development and implementation to the superior courts.
(Subd (b) amended effective January 1, 2016; previously amended effective January 1, 2002, and January 1, 2007.)
Rule 10.801 amended effective January 1, 2016; adopted as rule 2531 effective July 1, 1998; renumbered as rule 6.701 effective January 1, 1999; previously amended effective January 1, 2002; previously amended and renumbered as rule 10.801 effective January 1, 2007.