(a) Notice of motion.
A notice of motion must state in the opening paragraph the nature of the order being sought and the grounds for issuance of the order.
(Subd (a) amended effective January 1, 2007.)
(b) Date of hearing and other information.
The first page of each paper must specify immediately below the number of the case:
(1) The date, time, and location, if ascertainable, of any scheduled hearing and the name of the hearing judge, if ascertainable;
(2) The nature or title of any attached document other than an exhibit;
(3) The date of filing of the action; and
(4) The trial date, if set.
(Subd (b) amended effective January 1, 2007; previously amended effective July 1, 1997.)
(c) Pagination of documents.
Documents must be consecutively paginated. The page numbering must begin with the first page and use only Arabic numerals (e.g., 1, 2, 3). The page number may be suppressed and need not appear on the first page.
(Subd (c) amended effective January 1, 2017; adopted as part of subd (b); previously amended and lettered as subd (c) effective January 1, 2007.
(d) Reference to previously filed papers.
Any paper previously filed must be referred to by date of execution and title.
(Subd (d) amended and relettered effective January 1, 2007; adopted as subd (c.)
For motions filed on paper, all pages of each document and exhibit must be attached together at the top by a method that permits pages to be easily turned and the entire content of each page to be read.
(Subd (e) amended effective January 1, 2016; adopted as subd (d) effective July 1, 1997; previously amended and relettered subd (e) effective January 1, 2007.)
(f) Format of exhibits.
(1) An index of exhibits must be provided. The index must briefly describe the exhibit and identify the exhibit number or letter and page number.
(2) Pages from a single deposition must be designated as a single exhibit.
(3) Each paper exhibit must be separated by a hard 81/2 x 11 sheet with hard paper or plastic tabs extending below the bottom of the page, bearing the exhibit designation.
(4) em] Electronic exhibits must meet the requirements in rule 2.256(b). Unless they are submitted by a self-represented party, electronic exhibits must include electronic bookmarks with links to the first page of each exhibit and with bookmark titles that identify the exhibit number or letter and briefly describe the exhibit.
(Subd (f) amended effective January 1, 2017; adopted as subd (e) effective July 1, 1997; previously amended and relettered as subd (f) effective January 1, 2007.)
(g) Translation of exhibits.
Exhibits written in a foreign language must be accompanied by an English translation, certified under oath by a qualified interpreter.
(Subd (g) amended and lettered effective January 1, 2007; adopted as part of subd (e) effective July 1, 1997.)
Rule 3.1110 amended effective January 1, 2017; adopted as rule 311 effective January 1, 1984; previously amended effective July 1, 1997; previously amended and renumbered as rule 3.1110 effective January 1, 2007; previously amended effective July 1, 1997, and January 1, 2016.
Advisory Committee Comment
Subdivision (f)(4)..Under current technology, software programs that allow users to apply electronic bookmarks to electronic documents are available for free.