The rules in this chapter apply to civil actions in which the parties either:
(1) Agree to a voluntary expedited jury trial under chapter 4.5 (commencing with section 630.01) of title 8 of part 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure, or
(2) Are required to take part in an expedited jury trial under chapter 4.6 (commencing with section 630.20) of title 8 of part 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
(Subd (a) amended effective July 1, 2016.)
As used in this chapter, unless the context or subject matter otherwise requires:
(1) "Consent order" means the consent order granting an expedited jury trial described in Code of Civil Procedure section 630.03.
(2) "Expedited jury trial" is a short jury trial before a reduced jury panel, and may be either a "mandatory expedited jury trial" or "voluntary expedited jury trial".
(3) "Mandatory expedited jury trial" has the same meaning as stated in Code of Civil Procedure section 630.21.
(4) "Voluntary expedited jury trial" has the same meaning as stated for "expedited jury trial" in Code of Civil Procedure section 630.01.
(5) "High/low agreement" and "posttrial motions" have the same meanings as stated in Code of Civil Procedure section 630.01.
(Subd (b) amended effective July 1, 2016.)
(c) Other programs.
This chapter does not limit the adoption or use of other expedited trial or alternative dispute resolution programs or procedures.
Rule 3.1545 amended effective July 1, 2016; adopted effective January 1, 2011.