(a) Court orders.
In the conduct of a class action, the court may make orders that:
(1) Require that some or all of the members of the class be given notice in such manner as the court may direct of any action in the proceeding, or of their opportunity to seek to appear and indicate whether they consider the representation fair and adequate, or of the proposed extent of the judgment;
(2) Impose conditions on the representative parties or on intervenors;
(3) Require that the pleadings be amended to eliminate allegations as to representation of absent persons, and that the action proceed accordingly;
(4) Facilitate the management of class actions through consolidation, severance, coordination, bifurcation, intervention, or joinder; and
(5) Address similar procedural matters.
(Subd (a) amended effective January 1, 2007.)
(b) Altered or amended orders.
The orders may be altered or amended as necessary.
(Subd (b) amended effective January 1, 2007.)
Rule 3.767 amended and renumbered effective January 1, 2007; adopted as rule 1857 effective January 1, 2002.