As used in the rules in this title, unless the context or subject matter otherwise requires:
(1) The definitions in division 1, part 2 of the Probate Code apply.
(2) "Pleading" means a contest, answer, petition, application, objection, response, statement of interest, report, or account filed in proceedings under the Probate Code.
(3) "Amended pleading" means a pleading that completely restates and supersedes the pleading it amends for all purposes.
(4) "Amendment to a pleading" means a pleading that modifies another pleading and alleges facts or requests relief materially different from the facts alleged or the relief requested in the modified pleading. An amendment to a pleading does not restate or supersede the modified pleading but must be read together with that pleading.
(5) "Supplement to a pleading" and "supplement" mean a pleading that modifies another pleading but does not allege facts or request relief materially different from the facts alleged or the relief requested in the supplemented pleading. A supplement to a pleading may add information to or may correct omissions in the modified pleading.
Rule 7.3 amended and renumbered effective January 1, 2007; adopted as rule 7.2 effective January 1, 2000; previously amended effective January 1, 2002, and January 1, 2003.