(a) Responsibilities of court.
(1) The court will publish, in both electronic form and print form, the court's electronic filing requirements.
(2) If the court is aware of a problem that impedes or precludes electronic filing, it must promptly take reasonable steps to provide notice of the problem.
(Subd (a) amended effective January 1, 2020; previously amended effective January 1, 2017.)
(b) Responsibilities of electronic filer.
Each electronic filer must:
(1) Take all reasonable steps to ensure that the filing does not contain computer code, including viruses, that might be harmful to the court's electronic filing system and to other users of that system;
(2) Furnish one or more electronic service addresses, in the manner specified by the court, at which the electronic filer agrees to accept service; and
(3) Immediately provide the court and all parties with any change to the electronic filer's electronic service address.
(Subd (b) adopted effective January 1, 2020)
Rule 8.72 amended effective January 1, 2020; adopted as rule 8.74 effective July 1, 2010; previously amended and renumbered effective January 1, 2017.
Advisory Committee Comment
Subdivision (b)(1). One example of a reasonable step an electronic filer may take is to use a commercial virus scanning program. Compliance with this subdivision requires more than an absence of intent to harm the court's electronic filing system or other users' systems.