As used in this article, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Court record" is any document, paper, exhibit, transcript, or other thing filed in an action or proceeding; any order, judgment, or opinion of the court; and any court minutes, index, register of actions, or docket. The term does not include the personal notes or preliminary memoranda of justices, judges, or other judicial branch personnel.
(2) "Electronic record" is a court record that requires the use of an electronic device to access. The term includes both a record that has been filed electronically and an electronic copy or version of a record that was filed in paper form.
(3) "The public" means an individual, a group, or an entity, including print or electronic media, or the representative of an individual, a group, or an entity.
(4) "Electronic access" means computer access to court records available to the public through both public terminals at the courthouse and remotely, unless otherwise specified in the rules in this article.
(5) Providing electronic access to electronic records "to the extent it is feasible to do so" means that electronic access must be provided to the extent the court determines it has the resources and technical capacity to do so.
(6) "Bulk distribution" means distribution of multiple electronic records that is not done on a case-by-case basis.
Rule 8.82 adopted effective January 1, 2016.